WikiDoc scholar program resources
WikiDoc scholar program Microchapters
Search question could be broad or narrow based on the specific topic that you want to contribute. Questions related to the microchapters that need general information, such as pathophysiology could be started with broad questions, such as what is the pathogenesis of diabetes mellitus? And then be narrowed accordingly like, what is the role of beta cells dysfunction in pathogenesis of type 2 diabetes? Or even very narrow question like, what is the effect of the potassium pump block for insulin secretion in beta cells in type 2 diabetes?
Select Search Source
There are many different resources available including:
- Bibliographic databases:
- PubMed, EMBASE, and Cochrane library
- Histopathology images:
- Radiological images:
- Associations, Organizations, and Government, such as WHO, CDC, ...
- Web search
How To Search Pubmed MeSH database
- The pubmed MeSH database can be used to search for MeSH terms that include heading, sub-headings and publications.
- MeSH is a vocabulary thesaurus used for indexing articles on pubmed.
- To perform a search for your topic, select "MeSH' from the scroll down menu on the top left hand corner on the pubmed home page.
- After selecting MeSH from the scroll down menu, type in your search query in the search bar.
- Choose the appropriate term from the drop down suggestions.
- Click search.
- This will take you to a hierarchy of headings and sub-headings associated with your search query or topic.
- Select the appropriate headings/sub-headings by check marking them.
- Click "Add to search builder" on the right side of the page.
- Click "search with pubmed".
- This will enlist the relevant articles of your search.
- Click the appropriate filters on the left hand side of the page, for example, human/animal species, timeline of articles etc.
- The use of this "explosion menu" of pubmed MeSH database will enable you to make your search on pubmed refined, targeted and relevant.
Watch a video tutorial [here]