- (+)-trans-carveol + NAD+ (+)-(S)-carvone + NADH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (+)-trans-carveol:NAD+ oxidoreductase. This enzyme is also called carveol dehydrogenase. This enzyme participates in monoterpenoid biosynthesis and the degradation of the terpenes limonene and pinene.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.115
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.1685 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.1245
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.1995
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.525
- Bouwmeester HJ, Gershenzon J, Konings MC, Croteau R (1998). "Biosynthesis of the monoterpenes limonene and carvone in the fruit of caraway. I. Demonstration Of enzyme activities and their changes with development". Plant. Physiol. 117: 901&ndash, 12. PMID 9662532.
|This EC 1.1.1 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|